can't control receiver with new remote
vgpats

Thanks in advance for the assistance.  Two of my remotes died so I ordered new ones.  I used to have the Phillips remotes with the 4 buttons across the top to control the STB, TV, AUX and DVD.  They sent me the new ones that only have input buttons for TV and STB.  How do I program these new remotes to control the receiver and the DVD like my old ones.  Did they send me the wrong remotes?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: can't control receiver with new remote
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@vgpats wrote:

Thanks in advance for the assistance.  Two of my remotes died so I ordered new ones.  I used to have the Phillips remotes with the 4 buttons across the top to control the STB, TV, AUX and DVD.  They sent me the new ones that only have input buttons for TV and STB.  How do I program these new remotes to control the receiver and the DVD like my old ones.  Did they send me the wrong remotes?  Thanks.

Well as for the DVD, you dont. The new remotes that Verizon are providing only have the ability to be programmed to a TV. They no longer have the DVD or AUX functions. (although you can purchase the older version if you want, they just will not provide it free)

As for the instructions to program it to your tv. It should have come with a little booklet with instructions and the codes for the TV's.

0 Likes
vgpats

Spacedebris, thanks for the solution.

Nothing like taking a step back in functionality or making your customer pay extra for something they've offered for free in the past.  You would think in a time where more people are using more technology they would progress vs. regress but what do I know.   Shame on you verizon.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

fortunately it's a cheap control.   6 bux or so.

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/

0 Likes