can't play my recorded shows on another tv . (dvr box CHS-435HDC)
balmeral

I HAVE RECORDED SHOWS ON MY DVR AT HOME.....I HAVE FIOS AT HOME.

I HOPED TO PLAY THOSE SHOWS ON MY TV AT MY VACATION HOME THAT DOESN'T HAVE FIOS.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK..........CAN IT WORK?  

ALL IT DOES IS SAY THAT FIOS TV IS STARTING UP........BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.

CAN SOMEONE HELP. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't play my recorded shows on another tv . (dvr box CHS-435HDC)
MercerNick65
Contributor - Level 1

Once you disconnect the cable AND pull the plug, the box will not reboot and you will not be able to access the recordings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I do apologize, but it will be unwatchable. All Verizon set top boxes (even DVR) need a FIOS signal to even boot up.

0 Likes
balmeral

thanks for a prompt answer......however, i am disappointed.  i had directv before and i could bring my dvr to my vacation home and play the recorded shows.....just before i left i pulled out the fios cablefrom the back of the dvr and checked to see if  i could access the recorded shows ..........and it did, without being connected to the fios cable.....but i guess there's something else to it.  thanks.

0 Likes
MercerNick65
Contributor - Level 1

Once you disconnect the cable AND pull the plug, the box will not reboot and you will not be able to access the recordings.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Mercer is correct. To boot up from not having power it needs a Verizon signal. Once it has started up, you can unplug the coax cable. As soon as its unplugged from power, when plugged back in it has to go through the boot up process.

0 Likes
balmeral

thanks for all the replies......i understand now why it worked at my home....i didn't unplug the dvr.

i would really like to take advantage of what i'm paying for my fios service at home.....is there any way to record shows seen at home on the dvr........say on my laptop and then play from my laptop at my vacation home?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no easy way to do it. What can be done is getting a tv tuner card for your laptop. Then you could plug your dvr to the laptop. Then you would be able to play the show on the DVR and then record it on the laptop. This is a realtime copy meaning it would take 2 hours to copy a 2 hour movie. Another option would be to get a sling box to hook up at your home with FIOS. You can then access anything on the DVR (including live TV) from your internet connected laptop. Neither of those 2 options are supported by Verizon tech support though. So you would be on your own for installation, use, and troubleshooting.

0 Likes