cannot program tv/dvd combo 32" Insignia brand on fios remote
conyisle
I purchasesd a Best Buy brand  Insignia 32" tv/dvd combo.  I was able to program the fios remote for the tv portion, but was unable to program the dvd. I used the method for both the tv and the dvd where you enter 922, etc. and scroll.  The tv programming worked the first time, but the dvd programming failed after several attempts.  I pressed fast forward each time until the remote flashed that it was finished.  I tried the dvd programming with a dvd playing. Anybody have a solution to my problem?  Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Re: cannot program tv/dvd combo 32" Insignia brand on fios remote
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
I have an Insignia DVD player as well and I could never get the Fios remote to program to use it.  I must have hit that button a couple hundred times and it never found the code.  I finally just got a Logitech Harmony and it controls everything for me now.
0 Likes
Re: cannot program tv/dvd combo 32" Insignia brand on fios remote
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I've got the same problem on my insignia. The problem is that tv/dvd  or tv/vcr  combo units are notoriously hard to get inexpensive remotes to work on. Its due to it being a combo unit. Combo units do not use "standard codes"  (most of the time). 

Unfortunatly if you have already done the scan mode on the remote, it is not likely going to work with the verizon remote. Getting a generic universal remote and programming it to the verizon stb may be your only hope of getting everything on one remote

0 Likes