cant fast forward with multi room DVR
RagingMike

Whenever I fast forward through my recorded shows, and I reach the part of the recording I want to watch I press PLAY, the recording almost always reverts right back to the beginning or ir freezes up.  Its a new box, and it happened on the previous one.  It does NOT happen on the actual DVR box. I can speed though that box all the time.  The coax from the problem box is about 3 feet from the router.  Can anyone help ?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: cant fast forward with multi room DVR
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Do you know if you are still on IMG version 1.5, or do you now have 1.6? That problem used to happen on 1.5.
0 Likes
RagingMike
Dont know -- will check tonight.   I hope thats the case though.  Its very frustrating.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
What state are you in? I think the only ones left on 1.5 are Florida, Pittsburgh, and Indiana.
0 Likes
RagingMike
Long Island, NY
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Post your problem in this forum I have a link to. Those are Verzion employees. You will have to give them your name, address, and telephone number. I have posted in it many times myself. By the way, I'm on Long Island also.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
This happens to me everytime I attempt to watch a show streamed from my DVR to my HD STB.  The feature is currently worthless.
0 Likes
GodwinTurk
Enthusiast - Level 1
Same problem here. On LI also.
0 Likes
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've seen this from the onset of getting Verizon.  This is with SD and HD stb's.  Everytime I call support, their solution is to restart both boxes, which never fixes it, but that's the "solution" they have.  Since then I have cancelled my MR-DVR and just gotten another DVR.  HOwever, I'm currently looking into what it would take to switch over to TiVO
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
Last post of the day.  This is a known bug within the IMG software.  It was supposed to be fixed with IMG1.6.  If the upgrade has not hit your area yet then that is why.  You can check the version by hitting menu>settings>system info. 
0 Likes