cant program phillips remote for tv
ghat
I cant seem to program my remote to operate our  (older) Toshiba TV.  I had it programmed at one time but we had a problem with the dvr and verizon re-booted our system.  ever since then we lost the programming on the remote.  I have tried to redo it several times and none of the codes work and neither does manually searching for a code.   I tried to also program in my dvd player to no avail.   Any suggestions would be helpful.  Getting tired of getting up to change input modes and adjust volume.  Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: cant program phillips remote for tv
Justin46
Legend

Have you tried all of the codes for a Toshiba from this list:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/QuestionsOne/122830.htm

It is the most complete list I have seen so far.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
ghat
yes about 5x Smiley Indifferent tonight alone.  It hasn't been working for a few months.  I tried it back when I first lost the programming as well.  I have also tried finding the code manually several times and nothing.  I'm not sure what is going on - the remote is working fine for the stb.
0 Likes
ghat
oh and I forgot to mention the remote will not even accept the codes starting with "3". 
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ghat wrote:
oh and I forgot to mention the remote will not even accept the codes starting with "3". 

I think that indicates you have the older version of the Phillips remote. But that really should not make any difference since you were able to program the remote in the past to control the TV.

The more I think about it, why would rebooting/resetting the STB cause the remote to lose its programming for the TV? That does not make sense to me. Really it should not have affected the programming for the DVR either, the code is in the remote and just resetting the STB would not change that. So it seems to me that something else is happening (but at this point I have no idea what it might be).

A stupid question: you didn't by chance write down the "good" codes way back when did you, and stuff them away somewhere? I always write the code down in the space provided in the little instruction booklet that comes with the remote. Smiley Happy

Have you tried restting the remote back to the original factory setting and starting over? Maybe there is something left over in there that is preventing the codes from being entered correctly.

Beyond that I have no idea. I have 3 Phillips remotes, have never had any problem with any of them. Sorry....

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes