Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

changing channels-slow

Contributor
Contributor

changing channels-slow

Message 1 of 5
(3,698 Views)

I am having a problem with my FIOS.  My DVR periodically freezes up when changing channels.  Sometimes when I change channels it takes up to 30 seconds for it to change.  I have gone through all the fixes on VZ In Home Agent.  Rebooted several times and nothing seems to help.  I am also having a problem with the remote.  WhenI push a button to make any changes in programming it sometimes does not work - no lights on the remote.  I have changed batteries several times and it still doesn''t work.  Another thing I have checked - sometimes it does have lights coming on and I still have the same problem of the channel change freezing up.  Help.

4 REPLIES 4
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: changing channels-slow

Message 2 of 5
(3,675 Views)

I know some people have had success getting the box to respond faster when a particular setting is turned off.

try it,      menu  - settings - video settings - SD override.  =  OFF

make sure that the check mark shows next to off, and then try it again .

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(3,578 Views)

If you continue to have the problem a call into support may be in order.  They can reload the IMG software to see if that fixes the issue.  One thing I love about FIOS is the speed out of the STB'.s  

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(3,404 Views)

I'm not sure if you have an Android phone, but there is a remote control app that is REALLY fast with the STB (I guess because it's over WIFI rather than IR...  Just a thought...

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(3,386 Views)

@wease wrote:

I am having a problem with my FIOS.  My DVR periodically freezes up when changing channels.  Sometimes when I change channels it takes up to 30 seconds for it to change.  I have gone through all the fixes on VZ In Home Agent.  Rebooted several times and nothing seems to help.  I am also having a problem with the remote.  WhenI push a button to make any changes in programming it sometimes does not work - no lights on the remote.  I have changed batteries several times and it still doesn''t work.  Another thing I have checked - sometimes it does have lights coming on and I still have the same problem of the channel change freezing up.  Help.

Sounds to me like a defective remote. If you get lit buttons on the remote sometimes and not others......

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.