channel info box fade time setting?
homepkg

Is there a way to set how long (or short) the channel info box is displayed when you change to a new channel? 

It takes up so much realestate and seems to stay there forever (unless I hit the exit button). Just hate hitting two buttons everytime I change a channel.

0 Likes
Re: channel info box fade time setting?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
There is no way to change it.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend
It stays for about 5 seconds on my HD DVR. At times that seems very long, but it really isn't. How long does it stay on yours?
0 Likes
homepkg
For that same excruciating 5 seconds 🙂   Okay, maybe I'm making too much of this. I just was used to TiVo before I got fios and the hd dvr - TiVo had a setting to for this and how big the info bar would be.  I'll live....I guess.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

No, I really don't think you are making too much of it. Maybe for me its just that I have gotten used to that particular action.

I have found over the years that many software developers think they know more about what is needed than their users do, so they set it up the way they want, users be damned. I think ideally there would be some default set, and then an option in the IMG to turn it off completely or set a specific number of seconds, and perhaps size.

If anybody has truely found a place (web page, email address, whatever) where plain old users can just simply submit requests for change (not report bugs), I sure would like to know what it is. If it exists, I have yet to find it. 

0 Likes
Guido
Trying to replay scenes, e.g. last down or Hockey goal scoring, is impossible because every time a frame is advanced, the damned banner reappears.  "Advance," "Exit," Advance," "Exit," makes replaying a useless function.  Having the banner should be optional.  If I want information, there is an info button.
0 Likes