cisco vs. motorola dvr ---formatting my 2TB drive, 1TB
johnme1
Enthusiast - Level 2
recently moved during which I "had to return" my trusted motorola dvr, worked great, and now provided the cisco dvr. initial impression is the cisco sluggish compared to motorola, but tolerable. however, it is clear my 2tB drive has been formatted at most 1tB. I have 7h of HD video and already at 4%. I was at 2% with same hd video on motorola, 7216. 1. are the format settings accessible, the parameters? 2. is there a way to fix this without requesting motorola? my apologies as I have not the time to scour forums, so if the matter addressed please provide a link. I also make not that once I overcome a weird "will not delete issue of the initial two recordings," the recorder is functioning properly. If I had not used the motorola, I would not know how my drive underutilized. I have a feeling some subscribers are not getting their due external storage with this cisco dvr. thanks.
0 Likes
Re: cisco vs. motorola dvr ---formatting my 2TB drive, 1TB
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no way to access the formatting. It's all done automatically by the box. You can go through the initial hook up steps again to have it reformatted in case it was done in error though.

0 Likes