connect 8 stb plus internet

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 3
(810 Views)

I'm looking for the configuration of multi switch to use. The multi switch currently has 8 outputs and it looks like I need 9.  I have 8tvs plus the internet. SO what do I need? I know I need a bi-directional swticher, but what would be the best way to handle this?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: connect 8 stb plus internet

Message 2 of 3
(794 Views)

There are actually two parts to this problem. The bind is likely to come from the 2nd half of the problem. The rub is Cable Systems  generally put the uplink and Internet Services below the frequencies used for Television Services. MOCA, which FiOS uses, puts the uplink and Internet Services at frequencies ABOVE those used by Television Services. So the switch needs to be bi-directional, and have acceptable performance characteristics from about 50Mhz to about 1200Mhz. CATV channel assignments end at about 1000Mhz, and in fact few systems actually go beyond about 850mhz. As a result Cable TV can use 800Mhz splitters on the Coax, these splitters don't work very well for FiOS, and Verizon uses 1Ghz bi-directional splitters.

So you need a switch that is bidirectional up to about 1200Mhz.

Hope that is helpful

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: connect 8 stb plus internet

Message 3 of 3
(787 Views)

You might want to read this from the BBR FiOS FAQ:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16563

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.