could not add channel to favorites list. please try again later
MickBurke

Since the last update to my FIOS box a few weeks ago, we've got new HD channels (which I CAN tune to) that I can not add to my favorites list. I get an error that says"could not add channel to favorites list. please try again later". I also tried 'add all to favorites' and it still will not add them. I have removed and re added other channels to make sure the 'mechanism' itself ins't broken. 

I've tried manualy powering off and on etc to try to get it working again., but nothing has helped. I use the favorites to tune the box so that I can skip over channels that I don't have (that is to say, my favorites list is just the channels that I get [no HBO etc]) so it's a big hassle to  not be able to have all the channels I have available.

Does anybody know what I can do about this? 
0 Likes
Re: could not add channel to favorites list. please try again later
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

You need to call the FSC and have them do an INIT , not just a reset, of your box - this fixed the problem on my 3 STBs.  This will wipe out parental controls, audio compression settings, RF channel output (if applicable), and any other user settings that reside in nonvolatile RAM.   The problem is a corruption of the nonvolatile RAM that can only be fixed by a box initialization - again NOT JUST A RESET.

If it is a DVR you will not lose your recordings and you may or may not lose your series programming settings (I didn't).

0 Likes
Re: could not add channel to favorites list. please try again later
MickBurke
Worked for me too. Thanks for the tip!
0 Likes