dumb question. what on earth does the fios tv button do?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what on earth does the fios tv button do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dumb question. what on earth does the fios tv button do?
Justin46
Legend

When you are watching a live TV show or VOD, pretty much the same thing as the OK button, it displays the program banner at the bottom of the screen.

When you are watching a recorded program on the DVR however, it will suspend whatever you are watching and switch to the live TV channel that you were last watching.(works on the DVR itself, I have no idea what it does in the multi-room environment as I do not have that service)

It does not do any of the other things that hitting the OK button does as far as I know (like navigating the Menu, etc).

That is all I know about the FiOS TV button Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

When you are watching a live TV show or VOD, pretty much the same thing as the OK button, it displays the program banner at the bottom of the screen.

When you are watching a recorded program on the DVR however, it will suspend whatever you are watching and switch to the live TV channel that you were last watching.(works on the DVR itself, I have no idea what it does in the multi-room environment as I do not have that service)

It does not do any of the other things that hitting the OK button does as far as I know (like navigating the Menu, etc).

That is all I know about the FiOS TV button Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

That button took the place of the "Live Tv" button on the old remotes. If you replay a scene or rewind live TV and want to jump back to live TV, ,that's the button to press.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@matcarl wrote:

That button took the place of the "Live Tv" button on the old remotes. If you replay a scene or rewind live TV and want to jump back to live TV, ,that's the button to press.

Ah yes matcarl, I forgot that part. Thanks......and sorry for forgetting, guess I am getting (too) old......

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's a shame I can't mark the two as accepted solutions.  thank you gentleman.      I clicked it and it would just show a banner, but I never did it from the dvr playback, I was clicking it during live tv.

your descriptions made sense.  thanks again

0 Likes