Re: dvr dropping recordings
jmetzner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want a few more days of results before I declare my issue solved, but after the STB reset/refresh the tech did over the phone I haven't had any dropped recordings since Saturday.

0 Likes
jmetzner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never mind, it dropped a scheduled series recording last night. I'll be switching to Tivo.

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue has not been resolved. I spoke to tech support yesterday(been having this problem since March) and they told me the fix would not be ready until mid May.

I also spoke to billing and got a $75 credit for the sub standard service I have received. Suggest anyone with the same problem do the same.

0 Likes
jmetzner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, that's a pretty unconscionable delay. I actually like Verizon's DVR product, but they've given up all trust by breaking it and having no transparency about it. If they had communicated about the problem, or if the tech support reps would explain it in a straightforward fashion maybe I would have patience but they didn't. Not sure if it's due the strike or what, but Verizon's behavior in this is disappointing.

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not solved. When it stops happening and FIOS fixes it, then it's solved. Typical Verizon answer

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

The OP of the thread decided that his issue was resolved and marked it as such.  We do not remove their choice. But feel free to continue the discussion if you have a similar problem.

0 Likes
CDOsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elizabeth,  Can you help us help you (Verizon).  It would be very useful if you could explain just what caused the DVR to drop the scheduled recordings *and* just what was done to correct the problem in the software.  The reason for us knowing this is twofold,

First, it would give us tremendous confidence that the problem is resolved and we can stop doing the "preventative measures" (like rebooting the DVR every night).

Secondly, some of us have been carefully watching when scheduled recordings disappear and, if the solution provided by Verizon addressed all of those circumstances, then we can declare it "corrected".  However, if there are additional circumstances observed, we can provide Verizon with information that could possibly identify a second issue.

I am a professional software engineer and this is the technique I use in determining if a "fix" is truly a fix and not a "bandaid".

Thanks

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello CDOsr

Moderators work only with the forum itself. We do not have access to Verizon technical resources or repair data. And as this is a peer to peer support forum, it is unlikely that you will get the information  you are requesting from other users.

We can only recommend contacting Verizon directly through the 1.800.verizon number.

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Moderators can't resolve this problem. It is still happening as recently as yesterday. We need someone from tech support on this forum to let us know whats going on. For those of you who are just about fed up with this, I priced out TIVO..it's basically a break even for year 1 and a savings of about $400 a year after that.

I will give them until the end of May to fix it then I'm switching. It's pretty easy.. you can get them at Best Buy.

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem has actually gotten worse this week. I spoke to tech support yesterday and they now have NO DATE for the fix to be sent down.

0 Likes