e609---dl
ARGH4

For the last 2 hours, my box has said "dl" followed by  "EP" then "FP" then "hunt", then e609. Then it repeats the entire process.

Can't reset it, tried unplugging it. Nothing is working and it's stuck in this endless loop, it seems.  What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: e609---dl
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

Is it a 2500/6XXX OR a 7XXX model? Look on the front of the stb for the model number.

0 Likes
ARGH4

QIP6416-1

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

Hunt means that dvr is looking for a RF signal and "dl" means download and its looking for signal from router. Were you having any issues prior to the errors flashing on the display? Also are you in Maryland or Virginia?

0 Likes
ARGH4

in Maryland. No issues prior.

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

You must have gotten the IMG 1.9.1 update. I would say wait few more hours. Are other stbs doing the same thing?

If you wait couple more hours and its still the same issue on that dvr, try doing this:-

1) Unplug power from DVR.

2) Disconnect coax from wall and back of dvr.

3) Unplug power from router and disconnect coax from router and walljack and connect it back. Plug power back as well. (This is assuming you ONLY have coax from wall to router and no ethernet and also your internet service is working ok. Look for WAN Coax/Ethernet and internet lights to be green)

4) Once router is back online with 5-6 lights green, connect coax and power back to the dvr. LAN coax light is important.

Hope this fixes it.

0 Likes
ARGH4

Verizon says the box's firmware is messed up and they're sending a new one. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Reset Re: e609---dl
HookEm2
@abhi_col - I have a mix of 7xx and 6xx DVRs that were all acting funky this morning after a storm last night. This procedure seems to have fixed everything. I'd done everything except for disconnecting the coax from the router! Thank you.
0 Likes