error message GUIDE DATA UNAVAILABLE
aiaman

whay do I get this message when I am trying to recod a TV show using my pc?

I have some success but other times I get this message.

I checked the date of the shows and they are within 3 or 4 days from today, not really far out.

I am a new customer and find it frustrating to not be able to record my programing

thx

0 Likes
Re: error message GUIDE DATA UNAVAILABLE
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Aiaman,

I would like to help you but there is not enough information to be certain of the problem you are stating.  You said you are having a problem recording TV using your PC.  Are you referring to the Remote Web DVR tool or are you attempting to record on your PC using a Media Center?

I will assume you are referring to the Remote Web DVR tool.  This is a common error for when you select a show beyond the available guide data in your DVR or there is no guide data.  You will want to ensure that the guide data is current in your DVR.  (Do not turn off or unplug your router or the set top boxes will not be able to update the guide information).  You can verify this by using the web tool and get the error, then go to the DVR physically in your home, scroll over to the day and time slot on the show you were attempting to record.  You will likely see that there is no guide data for that date/time slot.  If this is the case all you need to do is turn the router back on and wait a couple minutes it will update on its own.

0 Likes