Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

favorites button

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

favorites button

Message 1 of 5
(1,254 Views)

Before the new format, I could hit the favorites button to toggle between just running through favorites or all channels.  Now, hitting the favorites button pops up the channel guide instead of just letting me run through channels.  So now I have to choose a channel in the guide instead of being able to just run through the channels, and if I was searching favorites, it reverts to all channels.  It was so simple and user friendly before, but now it's a pain.  Am I missing something ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: favorites button

Message 2 of 5
(1,251 Views)

@mseanv wrote:

Before the new format, I could hit the favorites button to toggle between just running through favorites or all channels.  Now, hitting the favorites button pops up the channel guide instead of just letting me run through channels.  So now I have to choose a channel in the guide instead of being able to just run through the channels, and if I was searching favorites, it reverts to all channels.  It was so simple and user friendly before, but now it's a pain.  Am I missing something ?

Yes (at least I think so, I do not have 1.9a yet). You need to go into the Menu:

Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

Then set the Flip by Favorites entry to default to which list you want it to default to.

As far as I know these settings have not changed between 1.8 and 1.9a.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(1,252 Views)

@mseanv wrote:

Yes (at least I think so, I do not have 1.9a yet). You need to go into the Menu:

Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

Then set the Flip by Favorites entry to default to which list you want it to default to.

As far as I know these settings have not changed between 1.8 and 1.9a.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,239 Views)

Thank you, Justin, that did it.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(860 Views)

So I followed the procedure to show only my favorites when I press the "guide" button.. and it doesnt work. I was just upgraded to 1.9.1..

Heres what I did:

Menu -  Settings - Favorite Button to Flip by Favorites - Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1.

Am I missing something?

thanks

sharkman

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(852 Views)

@SHARKMAN44 wrote:

So I followed the procedure to show only my favorites when I press the "guide" button.. and it doesnt work. I was just upgraded to 1.9.1..

Heres what I did:

Menu -  Settings - Favorite Button to Flip by Favorites - Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1.

Am I missing something?

thanks

sharkman

Under Menu ==> Settings ==> Television, try also setting Last Viewed Guide State to Enable.

Edit: Also Menu ==> Settings ==> Television, set Modes to Enable

I had to re-enable both of the above to get it to work on 1.9.1, apparently it turned those options off when it was installed.

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.