favorites button
mseanv

Before the new format, I could hit the favorites button to toggle between just running through favorites or all channels.  Now, hitting the favorites button pops up the channel guide instead of just letting me run through channels.  So now I have to choose a channel in the guide instead of being able to just run through the channels, and if I was searching favorites, it reverts to all channels.  It was so simple and user friendly before, but now it's a pain.  Am I missing something ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: favorites button
Justin46
Legend

@mseanv wrote:

Before the new format, I could hit the favorites button to toggle between just running through favorites or all channels.  Now, hitting the favorites button pops up the channel guide instead of just letting me run through channels.  So now I have to choose a channel in the guide instead of being able to just run through the channels, and if I was searching favorites, it reverts to all channels.  It was so simple and user friendly before, but now it's a pain.  Am I missing something ?

Yes (at least I think so, I do not have 1.9a yet). You need to go into the Menu:

Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

Then set the Flip by Favorites entry to default to which list you want it to default to.

As far as I know these settings have not changed between 1.8 and 1.9a.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mseanv wrote:

Yes (at least I think so, I do not have 1.9a yet). You need to go into the Menu:

Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

Then set the Flip by Favorites entry to default to which list you want it to default to.

As far as I know these settings have not changed between 1.8 and 1.9a.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mseanv

Thank you, Justin, that did it.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

So I followed the procedure to show only my favorites when I press the "guide" button.. and it doesnt work. I was just upgraded to 1.9.1..

Heres what I did:

Menu -  Settings - Favorite Button to Flip by Favorites - Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1.

Am I missing something?

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SHARKMAN44 wrote:

So I followed the procedure to show only my favorites when I press the "guide" button.. and it doesnt work. I was just upgraded to 1.9.1..

Heres what I did:

Menu -  Settings - Favorite Button to Flip by Favorites - Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1.

Am I missing something?

thanks

sharkman

Under Menu ==> Settings ==> Television, try also setting Last Viewed Guide State to Enable.

Edit: Also Menu ==> Settings ==> Television, set Modes to Enable

I had to re-enable both of the above to get it to work on 1.9.1, apparently it turned those options off when it was installed.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes