fios and caller id

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

fios and caller id

Message 1 of 5
(5,522 Views)

Since the daylight savings/standard time changeover on Sunday my caller it date time stamp on my phones is one hour off, still showing daylight savings time. I put in a trouble call MDDQ055FWB and a tech called back and said that Verizon does not send out time stamp information, that it is put on by my phone. My research on line indicates that this iformation is sent out by the central office. Which information is correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: fios and caller id

Message 5 of 5
(5,379 Views)

A Verizon tech has found the solution to this problem. There was a central office setting that was wrong. The setting was corrected and caller id is now correct.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(5,519 Views)

Hi, although I cannot answer the question as to which info is correct, I would try this to resolve. Unplug all phones/caller ID units at the house. Leave them unplugged for approx 3 - 5 minutes and plug back in starting with the main unit (if there is one). See if that will reset it to the correct time.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(5,475 Views)

Might have to change the time on your actual phone to get it to indicate the correct time when a call is received.  Not sure, just a suggestion.

--
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(5,404 Views)

Changing the time on te phone does not help. The next time a call comes in the caller id information changes it back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(5,380 Views)

A Verizon tech has found the solution to this problem. There was a central office setting that was wrong. The setting was corrected and caller id is now correct.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.