fios availability in 08742
anthonyv2

when will the fios service be available in 08742.  Have been waiting for years.  I was a person who wrote to local politicians years ago to allow verizon to compete.  Was promised the area would be done within the year.   Many other local communities have been serviced but not ours.  When I call or email, given the usual vague "it's not available yet" response.   Had the opportunity to speak to a local installer who told me other town politicians were more "convincing" than ours.  Ignoring customers is not a good thing.   ps.  this is years.   pps,  did I mention this is YEARS!

0 Likes
Re: fios availability in 08742
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

You may be in for an even longer wait.  According to several articles on DSL Reports and in other media, Verizon is in no hurry to expand the FiOS infrastructure, concentrating instead on gaining accounts where the service is already available.  In addition both AVS Forum and DSL Reports note that other wireless-related technologies are competing within Verizon for attention and capital.  I just had FiOS installed at my home (08620) and frankly I consider myself fortunate in many ways.  The technology appears so far to be first rate, and considering the complexity it operates very well.  Note that I am still merely an enthusiastic beginner at this sort of thing.

0 Likes
Re: fios availability in 08742
tns
Master - Level 2

Since your in NJ there is still some expansion occurring.  But few details.  Essentially FIOS is still expanding in areas where they have legal obligations, but at as slow a pace as they can unless they see an area of high profitability.

0 Likes