fios one 4k upscaling
howdyb1

How do you disable 4k upscaling with the fios one box.  I want to use my new samsung q90 to do the upscaling.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios one 4k upscaling
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the STB, then quickly hit OK 2x. Left arrow, select user menu. Look for resolution,  set to 1080i. Hit power.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the STB, then quickly hit OK 2x. Left arrow, select user menu. Look for resolution,  set to 1080i. Hit power.

ScottChapman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doesn't this defeat the purpose though?

I assume that then actual 4k content (Netflix, Fox Sports, hopefully more to come) would go 4k -> 1k -> 4k?

Would be nice to have some kind of "pass-through" option...

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the OP wanted his TV to do the upscaling of 1080 programming,  not the fios box and that was the solution at the time. Someone here posted there is a new passthrough option now and that would be the best option if it exists. It disappeared with the 4100 boxes along with audio passthrough.

BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, I have the FiOS One boxes, and I don't believe I have seen pass through for either in the settings.

Tragic...

0 Likes
Fiosbuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of  your video settings like 1080i, 1080p, 2160p, etc. are available in the Video Settings/Video Format menu under Settings using your on-screen menus. I find this much easier to use rather than invoking the STB procedure to see its menus. Most all of the relevant STB settings that you would want to change and test out to get the best picture and sound settings for your equipment are available in the on-screen menus. Much easier....

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just heard that the audio and video pass through options are part of the latest firmware update being rolled out. So if you want your TV to do ALL upscaling, and want 4K too, the pass through option would be your choice in the menu.

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which firmware update has the video and audio pass-though? Thanks.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RG625 wrote:

Which firmware update has the video and audio pass-though? Thanks.

Might be the upcoming 7.0, but anything can happen.