fios remote app on android wifi only devices?
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2
So many people these days have a tablet. Some ipad, some android. I Dont know how this topic1 applies on ipad because i do not have one.
But i have an android tablet which is wifi only. The fios remote app for android is wifi only. I cannot use it on my phone unless i am connected to wifi.
So why am i asked for the last 4 digits of my phone number?

Unless someone has a workaround for this, i cannot use the app. And to me it would be pretty cool to use this tablet as a remote. Plus i could show my pictures on tv.(assuming that function is stil there)
Ive tried a google voice number but no dice.
So does anyone know whats going on with this?
Any employees with answers?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios remote app on android wifi only devices?
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Took some time but pressing the stb button and resetting the pin a number of times seems to have worked. The connection times out a lot though, but at least it does work now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EvanVanVan
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's probably talking about your FiOS account phone number?

0 Likes
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2
One would think. But when it wont accept it, it specifically asks for my mobile phone number.
0 Likes
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok so it looks like my problem doesnt apply anymore as it was fixed with the latest update. Silly me.
But now i am trying to find out how one connects to more then 1 device.
On the remoteapp i cant find how to add another dvr
0 Likes
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Took some time but pressing the stb button and resetting the pin a number of times seems to have worked. The connection times out a lot though, but at least it does work now.
0 Likes