fios signal to tv
ODoyle224
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung TV

UN65NU6900

A week ago our cable signal went out. We have had the Fios TV one box and TV for a year and had no problems. Had a tech come out to test the HDMI lines and cable box. All work fine and the signal shows up on the techs tablet. We tried both HDMI ports and tried plugging directly into the tv, bypassing our HDMI wall port. Same situation- signal comes through for half a second then the screen goes black.

The smart apps work and the fire stick works in either HDMI port. I am frustrated and feel like there is a setting I’m missing that will correct all of this. The Verizon tech attempted to change the cable box settings and we have reset the tv to factory settings without success. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios signal to tv
ODoyle224
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the responses. I did try all of the suggestions and everything seemed to be calibrated appropriately. I read in the manual about unplugging the tv to clear the memory cache. The way the tv is mounted this is difficult so I turned the breaker off for 30 secs and this seems to have solved the issue. Now the cable box and router are on the same circuit so they all got a reboot, so who knows what did the trick but for now, happy it’s up and running.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ODoyle224 wrote:

Samsung TV

UN65NU6900

A week ago our cable signal went out. We have had the Fios TV one box and TV for a year and had no problems. Had a tech come out to test the HDMI lines and cable box. All work fine and the signal shows up on the techs tablet. We tried both HDMI ports and tried plugging directly into the tv, bypassing our HDMI wall port. Same situation- signal comes through for half a second then the screen goes black.

The smart apps work and the fire stick works in either HDMI port. I am frustrated and feel like there is a setting I’m missing that will correct all of this. The Verizon tech attempted to change the cable box settings and we have reset the tv to factory settings without success. Anyone have any ideas?

Did anyone check to make sure the HDMI cables are high-speed certified? They have to be if the Fios box is trying to output 4K to the TV, which it will if it senses the TV is 4K capable. Did you check the menu in the TV and make sure the input the Fios box is hooked up to is set to support 4K HDR? There are usually settings in the TV menu for this, or certain ports that will allow it. You might also try disabling "Anynet" in the TV menu and Video input control in the Fios box.

ODoyle224
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the responses. I did try all of the suggestions and everything seemed to be calibrated appropriately. I read in the manual about unplugging the tv to clear the memory cache. The way the tv is mounted this is difficult so I turned the breaker off for 30 secs and this seems to have solved the issue. Now the cable box and router are on the same circuit so they all got a reboot, so who knows what did the trick but for now, happy it’s up and running.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ODoyle224 wrote:

Glad to hear you got it back to normal. I usually tell people to powercycle everything, but I thought you had already done that. Sometimes the handshake between HDMI devices gets messed up and you have to disconnect, powercycle and reconnect to clear and re-establish the connection. Could also have been part of the issue.