Re: fios tv picture freezing up
kaykay6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have five tvs, each with its own STB.  At various times any one of them will have a frozen screen and no sound.  The screen eventually  comes back, sometimes when I change chanels back and forth (often many times) or turn off the tv entirely and turn it on again..  I have had FIOS for less than a year  now and the problem started shortly after I purchased the service.  The audio is extremely inferior to my previous tv service with a sattelite company.  For the audio, a technician came out and listened and said he could not detect a problem, after which he admitted that his hearing is not so good anyway.  Over time I think I just adapted to the poor audio quality.  I suppose I lost my comparative frame of reference to better audio over time. The exception is sometimes the quality is worse than it was within a short time frame.  Is there a solution of the screen freeze/sound problem. I find it very annoying.

WhatsUpDoc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experience the same freeze of my TV programming and it's getting more frequent - now every two or three days.  When I call Verizon's Customer Service and finally get a Supervisor, they tell me they're aware of the situation & working on a solution.  This is the answer I'm receiving for three months now.  I mentioned to these Verizon Customer Service agents that I have NEVER experienced this type of freeze when I was with Comcast.,  That seems to go on deaf ears.  

The recovery time runs betwee 15 to 20 minutes to remove the Freeze by rebooting sometimes more than once.

Does anyone know what's going on and why they haven't fixed this problem?

0 Likes
dancho
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine freezes and hiccups while playing the recordings on the DVR in another room AND video on demand.  Live TV is great.  The live chat "agent" was useless.  The "next step" recordings were unhelpful. Problem still persists.  For $239 a month, I expect perfection! 

BTW, relatively new STB, HD 71001 model.  Help?

0 Likes
Re: Disgusting Customer Serice
dancho
Enthusiast - Level 1

So here are my details.  I tried all on screen help: rebooted the STB a dozen times, unplugged, etc. etc.  Got the Live Chat who took four minutes to reply to my detailed description with "for security services, please provide us with your name, address, etc."  Duh.  I'm logged into my Vz account.  Let's move it along.  Then my phone call to customer service: 12 minutes with "Next Step" until "You need to speak with a representative."  Fine.  "Greater than 10 minutes wait".  Fine.  14 minutes later, ring ring, click, click, dead line.  Seriously? 

Abou 10 days ago, my STB stopped delivering On Demand video without freezing, stuttering, and making it unwatchable.  Same with DVR recordings from the MRDVR in the living room.  Live TV is fine.

0 Likes
nevo1

I'm having the same problem since the upgrade. Troubleshooting on verizon site is no help at all.

Verizon, any real solutions?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes