guide not working on 1 tv
shel651

sorry, new to all this. It took me forever just to figure out how to post this....we have a 2nd tv with a set top box. the remote changes channels, turns both box and tv on and off but if i hit the guide button, the guide does not appear...any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: guide not working on 1 tv
Hubrisnxs
Legend

have you had this box for a while and has it worked in the past? 

When you first get a set top box, you have to give it time to download the guide and menu system, those are not pre-loaded on the boxes typically.  Each time you reset it while it's downloading, it starts the time clock over again.   

If you have had it a while, maybe try to do an auto correct.

Go to a working Set top box, and hit menu > customer support > in home agent  > set top box auto correction

When you get there you can choose which box you want to auto correct. 

0 Likes
Re: guide not working on 1 tv
Emahaney

I am still on hold with your rep (on my cel phone for 39:31) who has been very rude to me~ engaging in conversation for a second and then reponding hesitantly in response to my request (FROM 9- up until NOW!!!) I have missed my whole show that I wanted to to wache...furthermore, my husbande reaally want to to see this program. He never watches "CABLE"... and says: JUST CANCEL IT NOW!!!!!!!!! If he can't watch ONE show~ per year... Then: FUDGE IT!!!!!

If you cannot re- show the Lance Armstrong show on OWN... please cancel our service. WE DO NOT WATCH IT!!!! CANCEL IT NOWWW!!!!!!!!!   I REPEAT CANCEL IT!!! I am syill on hold for 39:09 minutes waiting for the 3rd time tobight! THEE ENTIRE TIME THE SHOW WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWITTER, FACEBOOK, SOCIAL MEDIA HERE I COME!!! TOTALLY **bleep**........................... 

0 Likes
Re: guide not working - Some Suggestions
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Emahaney wrote:

I am still on hold with your rep  ... my husbande reaally want to to see this program. He never watches "CABLE" ... If you cannot re- show the Lance Armstrong show on OWN... please cancel our service ...

If you want to cancel your service, you must contact Verizon Communications.  These forums are intended to provide users just like you with a means to communicate with each other.  Users cannot help you cancel your Verizon service.

BTW if you missed the show, Armstrong really did lie and break the law.  No surprises there.  Also, Verizon doesn't actually decide which programs the various networks will show and when they show them.  That's up to the networks.  Among other things, Verizon runs cables and wires, rents equipment, and provides networking services (which do not include TV networks).