Re: having Random 1/2 Second Freeze on some channels on all boxes
DavidHoon
Looks like someone has already tried the component cable and still have the problem.  For those who have the problem with 1080i, can you try to switch to 720p and see what happens?  
0 Likes
Sailracer
I switched my output to 720p and just got a short dropout while watching a DVR'd show so that doesn't seem to fix the problem.  (On the component output)
0 Likes
papercutninja
Enthusiast - Level 2
i've switched over to 720p and so far...so good...no drops in about 30 minutes...
0 Likes
papercutninja
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok, it's been just shy of a week since i switched over to 720p. Since then, it has happened ONCE, last night. This is a vast difference from the several times an hour that was occuring while in 1080i mode. This is certainly a stopgap solution until Verizon can fix it via a firmware update (hopefully).
0 Likes
AshTR

Ok, let's see here. So I have a good record of this on the forum...Total brief of my issue.

Checked both Composite to the DVD player and HDMI to the TV. Both show the problem. Tried unplugging em and putting em back in. Problem still persists.

Coax cable is in the DVR nice and tight and hasn't been touched otherwise since the box was installed. So that's not the problem. Tried a reflash/reinit of the DVR, no dice. Tried 720p over 1080i, no help there either. Been going on since 1.6.0 for me, but happens more often with 1.6.2. Happens on every channel now. Used to be just the occasional SD channels.

Only thing left I can think of for my problem is something might be wrong with the fiber cables. What does anyone else think?

EDIT: Quick thing. I have noticed when I pull the power cord and put it back in, what looks like "dUI" comes up on the DVR for a second before the DVR fully starts up, if that means anything.

Message Edited by AshTR on 05-02-2009 03:14 AM
0 Likes
jakthebomb

Update on the situation,

I had a Verizon Tech come on May 2nd, 2009 he was at it for 2 hours without fixing the issue.  He first said the fiber line is dirty, nope did not fix it.  Then he performed a Signal Test, it showed some errors.  So he checked the coax output on the ONT, it was not outputting the correct db rate.  So he replaces it.  Checks the Channel that does the freeze, or as he says "hiccups" still doing it.  Now to remind everyone, only my Motorola 700s (I have 3 of them) show this problem.  My Motorola 7100 HD/DVR does not have this issue.  he decides to check out the Fiber Hub that feeds the line to my house, after screwing around with it for 10 mins, issue still showing.  He calls Headquarters to have them run diagnostics; well they ended up frying the new ONT they just installed.  The tech goes back to his truck and grabs another new ONT (last one).  Pops it in, won’t activate.  He disconnects it, plugs it back in.  Activates.  Checks the Motorola 700 with the affected channel, still doing it.  Checks the HD/DVR still not having the issue.  He calls back Headquarters, he explains that the issue is still there but he thinks it is weird that the HD/DVR does not have the issue but all of the Motorola 700s do (plus at the exact same time all 3 boxes freeze).  Headquarters tells him to swap out the Router with a new one.  (This one has a Big White Button on the front; the tech says it just came out this week.)  The tech was also puzzled as to why headquarters would want the router replaced, as it would not affect the Motorola 700s (but would have affected the HD/DVR).  Checks to see if the issue is still there, Yep... it is. 

Last I heard from the tech is that Verizon is now investigating this issue as there was also a Bigger issue found when headquarters was running diagnostics,  Every Possible Error that a diagnostics test would find, found when running it on my line.  So Verizon has a huge issue to resolve. but after the tech left I found that just one of my Motorola 700s says the "you are not subscribed to this channel" message on all of the non local channels, so all of the 100's, 200's, 300's, 400's, and so on do not work on this one box.

jakthebomb

0 Likes
Dystrophic
I also have this problem, but i'm also getting the dreaded green screen....
0 Likes