hdmi not working
drgonzo
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just recieved the qip6200 stb and I can't seem to get the hdmi connection going. I've read about it having problems with some samsung models but I have a 47LG60 from lg, does anyone know of a fix for this or if the qip7100 has these issues?
0 Likes
Re: hdmi not working
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@drgonzo wrote:
I just recieved the qip6200 stb and I can't seem to get the hdmi connection going. I've read about it having problems with some samsung models but I have a 47LG60 from lg, does anyone know of a fix for this or if the qip7100 has these issues?

AFAIK all the models of STB supplied by Verizon can have a problem with the HDMI handshake.  There are many models of TV that work fine and then there area bunch that don't.  It varies within the same manufacturer since different models use different chip sets and Motorola is supposedly working on the issue - take with many grains of salt.

At the moment the only work around is to use component cables (red/green/blue video and separate audio either digital or analog).  This will give full 1080i resolution for HD and depending on your eye and the TV MAY look as good as HDMI.  YMMV.

0 Likes