hdmi output stays "on" when box is off, confuses switcher/monitor
rickla
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a computer monitor hooked up, and also a smart switcher.

I turned off the screen saver so it's just a black screen when I power off the box (the newer non dvr black box). But apparently it still outputs a black screen.

So that means my hdmi switcher thinks that input is always on. And also my monitor won't go into power save. Is there any fix for this, it's a pain!

Plus I planned on auto switching my main tv and expect the same problem. 

0 Likes
Re: hdmi output stays "on" when box is off, confuses switcher/monitor
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Rickla,

Yes there is always a signal output from the set top boxes (on all cable types) and no control to fully disable it aside from removing power from the set top box.  You will want to put your switcher unit to manual mode to flip inputs as it will always detect the signal in auto mode.

0 Likes
rickla
Enthusiast - Level 3
Which defeats the purpose of the switch. There really should be a setting to truly disable it on power off. Can I request that as a future feature?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@rickla wrote:
Which defeats the purpose of the switch. There really should be a setting to truly disable it on power off. Can I request that as a future feature?

You can psot it HERE on the Verizon Share Your Ideas site.  Keep in mind that changes to the Verizon firmware typically happen at a glacial pace.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you know this may be related to the sinc issue with the HDMI that Verizon currently implements.  It has a 1 or 2 sinc share, and that is being upgraded to 5 or 8 sinc in the img 1.9 release. 

Verizon cable boxes don't typically like hdmi switches too much, and we ran into an issue like that using Google TV on these forums and the 3d add on's for certain TV's. 

0 Likes