Re: hooking up a dvd recorder to HD box -- what a mistake!
hammoreh

What another mistake!  I typed 12 hours instead of 12 miles  🙂  I may be loopy but not crazy enough to drive 12 hours for Verizon!  It was actually twelve miles, but still a waste of my time and effort.

Sorry folks.

0 Likes
Re: hooking up a dvd recorder to HD box -- what a mistake!
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Not a problem Hammoreh, You should have made this a seperate post though.  Regardless, the Tivo unit you bought...some of them have 2 slots and can accomodate 2 tuner cards.  As long as you have a field tech coming out...you may want to consider having 2 installed so you can watch one channel and record another.
0 Likes
Re: hooking up a dvd recorder to HD box
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

thanks for all your help I have decided to move the hd box into living room and put the stb box in bedroom hopefully I will remember the exact setup (lol) and get it working again.

0 Likes
Re: hooking up a dvd recorder to HD box
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3
Just thought I would let you know I solved my problem by moving the hd box to the living room and the standard box back to the bedroom and Voila I can now record to dvd.  It was easier to do this than move the dvd recorder  so I solved my problem it would have been easy to do if my tv in bedroom had an hdmi connector so that I wouldn't have had to use the audio connector on the hd box I then would have been able to use those connectors for the dvd recorder,. but alas it was cheaper to do it this way then to go buy a new tv (lol) - the one in the bedroom is the first lcd tv I purchased and it didn't have an hdmi connection., I purchased it 2 years ago - only came with dvi , svideo and 2 component connectors also with a set of composite connections. its fine for the bedroom gets great picture even with svideo and is hooked to recorder via component. it is now recording fine both pic and sound - I acutally remembered how I had it originally set up.
0 Likes