hooking up fios tv to liteon dvd recorder
bigfootjim
I have a liteon dvd recorder Model # LVC-9016G that needs to be hooked up to my fios and Panasonic hd tv. I followed the directions for the recorder but am only getting snow. Help
0 Likes
Re: hooking up fios tv to liteon dvd recorder
jp584
Enthusiast - Level 1
if the dvd has a tuner keep it on ch 3 along with your tv. Then..cable from fios to input on their box..output to input (cable in ) on dvd recorder then cable out of dvd to back of TV ...or better yet, if available hdmi out of dvd to tv.  I also have a Panasonic and it has multiple inputs. The way I have it is Cable in to cable box...hdmi out of cable box to hdmi 1 back of tv....cable out of cable box to cable in of dvd recorder then hdmi out of dvd recorder to hdmi2 back of tv...and again both the tv and dvd recorder on ch 3...hope this helps
0 Likes
yoyo
Hi jp - I hooked up the dvd recorder as you suggested and it works fine for recording what is on air now.  But if I want to program it for a future recording session, then when the dvd recorder comes on, it switches from channel 3 to whichever channel I have it programmed to record and then it does not record.  Any suggestions?
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

That is because you programmed the dvd recorder to change its channel from 3 to (whatever channel you wanted to record).  All the channel changing should be done on the set top box from Verizon, not the dvd recorder.  If you change the set top box to whatever channel it is that you want to record, and leave the settings for the dvd recorder to stay at channel 3, it should record fine.

The recorder has to be on channel 3 if you want to get the signal to come through.  So for example, if you have something coming on at 8pm tonight on channel 75...setup the recording on the dvd recorder to record Channel 3 (because you don't want this to change) at 8pm but change the channel on the set top box (Verizon provided box) to channel 75.

Before we had to use set top boxes you could take that dvd recorder and plug it straight into the wall and use it like you were trying to.  Unfortunately times are changing with the whole 'go digital' movement.

0 Likes
Rog6
Thanks!  That worked fine for the DVD I have hooked up to a SD STB.  However, it did not work on the DVD I have hooked up to an HD DVR.  I was trying to record a SD program.  I realize it won't record HD.  But I just got snow.  Is there something different about recording with the DVR?  If not, then maybe it is just not wired properly.
0 Likes