how do i activate my dvr on my mobile fios remote
brickie311
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just downloaded My FiOS and the remote app.  I can change the channel and everything on my TV, but I am not able to connect to my DVR.  It says that it needs to be activated.  I go to my set-top boxes and it says DVR box: yes unactivated.  How do I activate???

0 Likes
Re: how do i activate my dvr on my mobile fios remote
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You need to logon to the web site my.verizon.com

Logon with your email credentials and when there browse to your DVR.   Once there you should be able to activite the remote DVR.

jim

Hubrisnxs
Legend

there are two dvr apps and i am not sure which you mean

There is the app that lets you program your dvr from your phone.

you have to enable that in the dvr.   you go to menu>settings>remote dvr or something, and then mobile.

and then there is the one that lets you use your smart phone as a remote control.  that one you click menu then widgets and then search for mobile remote.

after you get there follow the instructions carefully.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
Also want to confirm that you are using the Verizon provided router.
brickie311
Enthusiast - Level 1

THANK YOU!  That was super easy - just didn't know where to start!  And yes, I have the Verizon modem.  Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Sabrina776

I did this, but on my tv it says "awaiting authentication" and prompts me to enter a confirmation code into my mobile device but I have no idea where to enter it?? I didn't get a text and I un-installed and re-installed the app, still to no avail! this is driving me crazy, it just won't work. Someone help

0 Likes