how many shows can you record at one time?
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the CHS435HDC and I was talking to the rep and he thought it was 7 shows at one time....being a previous tech rep from the 'other guy', I know the standard is two shows at once and watching one of the other, nothing beyond those two.....

Anyone know the answer?  Checked the website and didn't get anything, googled the manual and that was no help and cicso website doesn't show this model...

Thanks in advance...

K

Re: how many shows can you record at one time?
Justin46
Legend

@humarock1150 wrote:

I have the CHS435HDC and I was talking to the rep and he thought it was 7 shows at one time....being a previous tech rep from the 'other guy', I know the standard is two shows at once and watching one of the other, nothing beyond those two.....

Anyone know the answer?  Checked the website and didn't get anything, googled the manual and that was no help and cicso website doesn't show this model...

Thanks in advance...

K

You can record two programs at once, and concurrently:

1) Watch either of the programs being recorded.

2) Watch a previously recorded program.

You cannot watch a third channel or a VOD program.

The above is on the DVR itself. If you have additional STBs, you can of course watch other channels or VOD on them.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: how many shows can you record at one time?
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought that as it's pretty standard, just the storage size would be larger...

Thanks Justin for clarifying that for me....and here I was all excited and thought 'wow technology DOES move fast!'....LOL...