how to access dvr expander
Franny5

In settings, it shows dvr and dvr expander, but I can't figure out how to access the expander.  It shows 97% empty and one of my scheduled recordings is not showing up.  I am assuming it recorded on the expander, but I can't find it.  DVR under menu is what is showing local dvr and expander.  I can move the arrows highlights to the expander but that is as far as I can get.  As all can tell, I am not tech savvy.  Could someone please help me understand this?   Thx in advance for all help.,  Of yes, I have the WD expander that Verizon suggested. 

0 Likes
Re: how to access dvr expander
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Once connected, all recordings will automatically record on your Western Digital device until it is full or disconnected from the DVR.  Once your eSATA device has reached recording capacity, additional programs will record to the hard drive of your DVR. MY suspicion is one of two in regards to your show your looking for

1) it was recorded to the internet drive due to the external drive being full. Disconnect your external drive to see if the recording is there.

2) it didnt record due to being bumped or not on the schedule to record.

0 Likes
Re: how to access dvr expander
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

All recordings whether internal or external should be accessable in the same manner.  Going to the DVR menu and accessing the RECORDED SHOWS (not sure if that is the exact menu name, but you get the idea).  I have recordings on both drives and can access any.   As Anthony said, once attached all recordings are sent to the external drive.

You might want to check the HISTORY and see if the show in question is there with the dreaded triangle indicating it didn't record for some reason.

0 Likes