i want to watch TV/dvr on my windows computer
sji1

New to verizon from xfinity. I want to be able to watch TV on my computer while I work out. The computer shows work out statistics as an overlay. Also, when i travel, i have my laptop with me, I would like to watch on that as it has a 15" screen, much better than my phone of 8" tablet.

With xfinity i could log into my account and watch either channels live, or shows i had dvr'd. 

I do not see a way I can do that with verizon. For that matter, even with the verizon fios mobile app, i do not see how i can watch tv/dvr even though everything i have read says i can!?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have the 'old' router, orange stripe.

0 Likes
Re: i want to watch TV/dvr on my windows computer
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't yet allow you to watch DVRd material on a PC.

You can watch some channels.

In order to watch DVRd material with their APP, you need to have Quantum DVR.

What model DVR do you have?

oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is definately behind on offering this.   With the app or thru a PC you can watch a very select number of tv channels live.  I find this frustrating.  I pay for all the channels, but cannot view them.

I have a DVR box from a couple years ago.  It will not allow me to stream recorded video to a device.   I believe you need to buy the latest DVR to enable this.

blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I went to the Google Store and installed the Latest Verizon FIOS Mobile App (ver 5.3) into my new Moto G4. I then connected to my home wireless network and now have access to my Quantum DVR. I am not able to view live local channels though. I am in the Philadelphia, PA area. How can I view ABC, NBC and CBS Live broadcasts ?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that is dependant on the local channels if they want to allow it.

Not all do.

blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

By "they", do you mean Verizon or the Networks ? I would think ALL subscribed channels would be streamed using the app, not just a few select channels. This flagship Quantum app seems quite crippled to me.

Is this forum moderated by Verizon employees ?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They is the networks.

Verizon can only stream those channels that allow it per their contract.

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

Same here.  I have a Surface Pro 4, you know, an actual computer, not one of those toys that Apple makes and want to watch the channels that I pay a king's ransom for every month on it.  Verizon has to make a Windows 10 app for Fios mobile.  Windows 10 is installed on over 400 millions devices.  How can they not have one?  The fios website is a joke and is in no way comparable to the Fios Mobile app.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have to put this response on every thread.

Verizon doesn't really support desktop/laptop.
They only support mobile OS (android and Apple).

I know Surface 10 is a tablet device, but there are not enough of them (IMHO) vs the number of android and apple devices out there.

Don't know if any cable provider has windows app support.

If you have quantum and can find the right DLNA software, you can stream from your DVR locally.

KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

I'm going to keep spamming these forums until Verizon makes a Fios Windows 10 app.