Re: i want to watch TV/dvr on my windows computer
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

Still no Windows app.

Wiseman03
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my view, there doesn't even need to be an app; I'd be more than OK if I could watch via a browser.   But the fact that I can't watch my recorded DVR content on my PC is ludicrous.    It shouldn't be that hard.....

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does any other provider have that option?

If not, there may be legal issues as to why not.

And with quantum DVR, you do have access to contents via other devices.

I have heard you can stream to ps4.

And supposedly with the right streaming software, can do with PC.

jlu614
Enthusiast - Level 1

you can stream on every-freaking-device but the one you want. way to take care of your customers.

casio1436
Enthusiast - Level 1

I work from home and usually stream either Live TV or watch what is on my DVR - which was easy to do with Xfinity. Now, that I'm back with Verizon, the interface SUCKS and I can't watch anything from my DVR on my computer (I have a PC and Mac)??!! WTH! Verizon has touted "Watch TV from any device." Well, Macs and PCs are devices and should have been a no-brainer to be able to access content on my DVR. Also, why do I have constantly get pushed out to another window if I want to watch other channels, like CBS, ABC, which requires you to log-in (again) to access their sites! I should never have to leave the Verizon site if I'm streaming these other channels which I have paid for through Verizon. FIX THIS NOW!!

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is what I use on my PC:

http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-pcie/

If you are on windows 10, there is a workaround for Windows Media Player so that you can use this card on Windows 10 machines.

RedBeardRider
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree!! It's frustrating as hell!

@Wiseman03wrote:

In my view, there doesn't even need to be an app; I'd be more than OK if I could watch via a browser.   But the fact that I can't watch my recorded DVR content on my PC is ludicrous.    It shouldn't be that hard.....

RedBeardRider
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Seeker1437wrote:

This is what I use on my PC:

http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-pcie/

If you are on windows 10, there is a workaround for Windows Media Player so that you can use this card on Windows 10 machines.

This does no good with a laptop!

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is the

http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-ethernet/

Which is is the alternative that should be agnostic to whether you have an all-in-one, a tower, or a laptop.

The workaround for Windows 10 is the same as with the previously mentioned device as well.

COMET65
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree! If people can watch on their smart phone, why cant they watch on their computer?

0 Likes