Re: iPhone login issue with Mobile Remote DVR site
js1234

How do I set up an alternate UserID

0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you call into the Fiber Solutions Center they should be able to tell you your existing alternate UserID that already exists in the FiOS billing system.  If you also use FiOS for internet service (not just TV) like I do here is a way to find it yourself...

1)  Login to Verizon.net

2)  Click "MyAccount" in the red section at the top of the page

3)  Click "View Bill" under the "My Bill" section in red on the left

4)  Click "View As Text" for a recent FiOS internet bill

5)  Scroll to the last page (for me it was "2 of 2") and look for "FiOS Internet Access for..." 

6)  For me that sentence ends with eight random letters.  That is your alternate UserID.

Since my regular FiOS UserID has a period in it, I now use this alternate billing UserID to login to m.verizon.com/tv from my iPhone and it always works to remote control DVR now.  

Hope this helps.  Let us all know if it worked.  

0 Likes
jhs1122

Step 4. There is no option "View As Text". I haved looked through my bills in other formats and find no references for "FIOS Internet Access for..." I looked through the web, html, ... formats.

0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the only trick I had up my sleeve.  I think the next move is to engage the FSC folks @ 1-888-553-1555 to learn your billing UserID, or to have them remove punctuation from your main/existing UserID.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

jhs1122,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem. So far, no solutions from the forums or from tech support. Very curious to hear how you made out. FYI, I have no periods or funny punctuation in my username.

Thanks.

0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once VZ told me to use my alternate UserID (that has no period) I've been fine using this process as a work around.  

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the fast reply.

When I follow your steps for accessing my alternate ID online, it shows up not as a bunch of random letters, but as my current, accurate userID. The same one that keeps getting rejected by remote DVR.

Did you get a special alternate ID directly from Verizon? 

My userID doesn't have any periods, but I'd be willing to try an alternate ID if that might work.

Thanks.

0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

In that case, you may want to get an alternate UserID setup by VZ.  The one that works for me is 8 random letters.  No numbers.  Maybe that is the key?  Not sure.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

My user ID is pretty straightforward, no periods, no numbers. 

I just called fiber solutions to set up an alternate UserID. The agent told me that I would have to call the billing department to do that. He also said that they wouldn't be able to set up an "alternate ID," but they would just issue up a brand-new user ID and password.

Is that what you had to do? It doesn't seem right. Do you still log in to your email, verizon.net, etc. with your old user ID and just use the alternate for remote iphone access?

I've been trying to resolve this issue for a month. So frustrating.

0 Likes
zhzh
Enthusiast - Level 2

My circumstances differ from yours.  The billing group gave me the 8 letter "alternate ID" when I switched to FiOS in 2007.  I just have to login with that UserID from the iPhone, but it was set-up long before I needed it for the iPhone.  

I use the alternate ID just for iPhone and the regular ID for everything else (but they are both totally interchangeable sharing a single password).  Hope that helps.  

0 Likes