iPhone remote for Fios and the input (a/v) button
quincy3

I just got  my iphone working as a remote control for my set-top box, and it works great. My only question is whether there is a button on the iphone interface that corresponds to the input button (a/v) on my regular remote, which we use quite a bit to switch to using our Wii or Xbox. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone remote for Fios and the input (a/v) button
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello quincy,

Very interesting question. You can check out our Verizon Wireless forums at the link below. This may provide some assistance.

http://community.vzw.com/

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User

0 Likes
Re: iPhone remote for Fios and the input (a/v) button
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The simple answer is "no".

The reason if you step back and think about it a minute is that the A/V button is actually sending a signal to your TV and not to your STB.

The iPhone / iPad remote is actually talking over the wi-fi network in your home to the STB (which is attached to the same network over the MoCA coax network) and provided it commands.  There is no "infrared" transmission that gets sent to your STB from your iPhone (if you don't believe me, take your iPhone and go into a closet or room somewhere and close the door so you can't see the TV -- heck go to a completely different floor of your home -- and guess what?   The remote on your iPhone still controls the TV.   My wife hates this, and it's great for pulling tricks on the kids -- I can "change" the channel on the TV in the family room while upstairs in my office.)

Not sure why Shamika was telling you to go visit the VzW forums since it not really a wireless issue, but a FiOS app running on a device using the wi-fi network in your home.