just switched TV brands, now getting DUI message flashing on STB....
biglescobar

I use a hdmi cable for my non DVR STB, and i just switched from a Vizio 780p to a Olevia 1080i Tv. It works fine, but when the STB is off, a DUI error message constantly flashes on the STB . When you unplug the HDMI from the tv or the STB, it immediatley stops.

Resetting  the STB or HDMI settings on the box will make it go away for  a few minutes then it returns.

I assume this is from some lack of synchronization between the TV HDMI and the STB and I can use component cables instead, but I would prefer to use HDMI and not have the error message constantly flashing as it is very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or know any ways to get rid of this? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: just switched TV brands, now getting DUI message flashing on STB....
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Which model number of STB are you using?

If you are using a 7100 or a 7216, this is an error with the internal card on the stb. it needs to be resync'd. Call Verizon tech support and ask them to initialize the box with a cable card reload. They will know what this means (or at least they should). Once the internal card is re-sync'd it should stop with the DUI

0 Likes
biglescobar

it is a 7100 p1, i will call them in a little bit to get them to try to do that, thanks!

0 Likes
biglescobar

they did it, it seems to have fixed the problem, thanks!

0 Likes
biglescobar

actually after a half hour, the dui has come back...any ohter tips?

0 Likes
brickman

Had the same problem with mine after they upgraded the channel guide.  First, the set-top box kept rebooting itself.  They replaced the box with a new one.  Now, when I turn off the TV the set-top box alternates between dUI and EF01 but doesn't reboot.  In speaking with tech support, this is a known problem and they are working on fixing it, but it likely won't be until after the holiday.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
it is an HDCP handshake issue. Try a different port on your TV or receiver, and if that doesn't work the only known permenant fix is to switch to component cables. they are also HD 1080p rated cables and you should notice little to no difference in pic quality.
0 Likes