message on screen from VZ
jonified

Today i turned on my DVR and there is a message that says:

"there is no technical problem with your TV service. To restore service as quickly as possible, please log on to your computer, open your internet browser homepage and follow the directions on the site. if you are unable to complete the transaction in your browser, you may reach us by calling 1-866-962-1946, and enter the 4-digit quick code 8803. We look forward to continuing your fios service."

There is no webpage listed and when i call the number, it first says my code is incorrect, then says that Verizon is closed and hangs up. How can i get this issue resolved?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

0 Likes
Re: message on screen from VZ
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. You can try power cycling the Set Top Box. By turning off the power first then unplug the Set Top Box from the power outlet and let the Set Top Box reset. If this still does not resolve the issue, I sent you a private message to further assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
stringfellowpro

Hi, I am also having the same problem. My service was restored today, and the internet is working. The tv however is not, even after resetting the box several times. At one point I could see the channel guide, but each channel said that I wasn't subscribed. Pushing the "subscribe" button only gives me the message that my account is suspended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to catch some TV tonight.

Thanks

0 Likes
dudeofpost

we have been having the same issue with our DVR the oast week- random channels will abruptly turn black and come up with you are not subsribed to this channel please contact ....  Some of the channels are local channels like ABC or CBS even Fios1.  We though it might be the DVR becuase it was a new box to replace our last one that was overheating. Odd coincidi=ence the remote for our DVR stopped working too. 

0 Likes
tonik23

I have same problem. I have got 2 STB and one of them doesnt work. I tryed to turn off from outlet STB and restart it but it doesnt work again. When I login to router and watch who is connected in my network, I see that 2 stb box enable and active, but one them doesnt work. please help me!!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes