moved tv across room
kjgnyc

now cable doesnt reach box.

can i go to a verizon center to get a longer cable or do i have to buy one?

If I have to buy one, is there a certain one I must buy.

I have fios tv and internet.

0 Likes
Re: moved tv across room
gastrof
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know if Verizon can/will sell you a longer cable, but Radio Shack and a dozen other stores will have coaxial cables that'll work just fine.  Measure how long you need the cable to run, and go get one that'll reach that far.

0 Likes
EricN1
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to determine what type of cable you need.  Sounds like your STB and your TV are now space further apart.  The cabling used can be one of several types (Coax, Composite, Component, HDMI, etc.).  You can order or buy those from thousands of places but you need to get the right kind.  Look on the STB where the cable going to the TV comes out and see what the label says or alternatively check the labels on the TV connectors.  If your TV is HD, try for HDMI or Component (plus Composite/RCA audio) for the best quality picture and sound if you can.  Otherwise, you can use either Coax or Composite.

0 Likes
kjgnyc

should have been a little more specific. the tv and stb are still close together. it is the actaul coax cable that is now too short.

I need to know if it is any coax that will work or something specific since it is fios.

Thank you for the replies!

0 Likes
EricN1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any working coax cable is fine but the better quality ones are recommended.  Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just go to an electronics store, big box retailer, or home improvement store and pick up a piece of coax (look for the terms "digital cable" or "RG6" to know you've got a good grade of cable although for a run around the perimeter of a room, just about any residential grade coax these folks are selling nowadays should be OK).  Unless you're skilled at terminating the cables yourself, get one which already has the ends on it.

0 Likes