new upgrade help
cengel0327

I upgraded one standard top box to an HD DVR box and hooked it up yesterday.  I also have 3 other HD boxes in the house.  With the upgrade I also got free hbo and cinnemax for 3 months and I added the extreme HD pacakage.  I am getting both movie channels and the extra HD channels on the new HD DVR box but not on the other 3 boxes.  What do I need to do to get them to recognize the change?  I tried resetting my router and unplugging the other box for 15 seconds but no luck.

Second, I'm a Tivo lover but did not like the quality of the picture so I decided to try the HD DVR.  Please tell me they have something similar to the Season Pass on Tivo so I don't have to go in each week and tell it to record the same shows.  Also, I want it to only record new episodes and not re-runs.  I'm not seeing those options.

Update...status is

HD DVR - HBO/Cinnemax and Extreme HD channels working

HD QIP7001 - HBO/Cinnemax and Extreme HD channels working

HD 6200-2 box (basement) - HBO/Cinnemax and Extreme HD channels working

HD 6200-2 box (living room) ....does NOT get HBO/Cinnemax and Extreme HD channels - tells me I'm not subscribed

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new upgrade help
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@cengel0327 wrote:

I upgraded one standard top box to an HD DVR box and hooked it up yesterday.  I also have 3 other HD boxes in the house.  With the upgrade I also got free hbo and cinnemax for 3 months and I added the extreme HD pacakage.  I am getting both movie channels and the extra HD channels on the new HD DVR box but not on the other 3 boxes.  What do I need to do to get them to recognize the change?  I tried resetting my router and unplugging the other box for 15 seconds but no luck.

Second, I'm a Tivo lover but did not like the quality of the picture so I decided to try the HD DVR.  Please tell me they have something similar to the Season Pass on Tivo so I don't have to go in each week and tell it to record the same shows.  Also, I want it to only record new episodes and not re-runs.  I'm not seeing those options.

Update...status is

HD 6200-2 box (living room) ....does NOT get HBO/Cinnemax and Extreme HD channels - tells me I'm not subscribed

Yes, the Verizon DVR has a season pass system similar to Tivo. Its called Series manager.  Press menu, go to DVR, then series manager. You can adjust the recordings here.

As for the missing channels. Just call tech support and they will send the package info to the box. should only take them a second or two to do so.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@cengel0327 wrote:

Update...status is

Yes, the Verizon DVR has a season pass system similar to Tivo. Its called Series manager.  Press menu, go to DVR, then series manager. You can adjust the recordings here.

As for the missing channels. Just call tech support and they will send the package info to the box. should only take them a second or two to do so.

0 Likes
cengel0327

Called the technician received errors on that box but was able to reset it remotely.  Now the channels appear. 

0 Likes