Switch Account

no cable guide/On Demand/channel info

no cable guide/On Demand/channel info

SOLVED
Contributor GJA2
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(797 Views)

Just installed new Samsung Smart TV with Fios cable box.  Ethernet cable hooked to TV so I can watch Netflix/Amazon Video.  Although Verizon channels all work on TV through the cable box, I cannot get the Verizn guide function to work, no channel info, and I cannot use OnDemand … what is the problem?  I've tried resetting the cable box and disconnecting the coax.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MVP clem53 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7
(740 Views)

Which cable box are you using? Is it a 4100? A mini? An 1100? Did you try power cycling the router? Is the router hooked up with coax? Is the 4100 hooked up to coax if you are using a 4100? Need more details to help.

Highlighted
Contributor GJA2
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(725 Views)

thanks for your reply - the cable box is an 1100 - I tried cycling both that and the Fios router.  The router is connected to cable box via coax.  

Highlighted
Contributor GJA2
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
(722 Views)

also .. I note that I have a MoCa adaptor in essence splitting the coax lead into the cable box -- I have ethernet cable from MoCa adaptor going into the TV to give me Netflix/Amazon.  thanks

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 5 of 7
(709 Views)

The MoCA adapter is the issue. The “TV/STB Out” port doesn’t pass MoCA. You need a two-port cable splitter. One out to the adapter and the other out to the STB. 

Highlighted
Contributor GJA2
Contributor
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 7 of 7
(672 Views)

That will work. MoCA LAN works at 1175 MHz. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.