no cable guide/On Demand/channel info
GJA2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just installed new Samsung Smart TV with Fios cable box.  Ethernet cable hooked to TV so I can watch Netflix/Amazon Video.  Although Verizon channels all work on TV through the cable box, I cannot get the Verizn guide function to work, no channel info, and I cannot use OnDemand … what is the problem?  I've tried resetting the cable box and disconnecting the coax.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no cable guide/On Demand/channel info
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The MoCA adapter is the issue. The “TV/STB Out” port doesn’t pass MoCA. You need a two-port cable splitter. One out to the adapter and the other out to the STB. 

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which cable box are you using? Is it a 4100? A mini? An 1100? Did you try power cycling the router? Is the router hooked up with coax? Is the 4100 hooked up to coax if you are using a 4100? Need more details to help.

GJA2
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for your reply - the cable box is an 1100 - I tried cycling both that and the Fios router.  The router is connected to cable box via coax.  

0 Likes
GJA2
Enthusiast - Level 2

also .. I note that I have a MoCa adaptor in essence splitting the coax lead into the cable box -- I have ethernet cable from MoCa adaptor going into the TV to give me Netflix/Amazon.  thanks

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The MoCA adapter is the issue. The “TV/STB Out” port doesn’t pass MoCA. You need a two-port cable splitter. One out to the adapter and the other out to the STB. 

GJA2
Enthusiast - Level 2
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That will work. MoCA LAN works at 1175 MHz.