no play button on DVR programs on FIOS mobile app
k1jasa

2 days ago I was able to watch programs recorded on my DVR using the mobile app.  Today, I am able to browse all the recorded items, but the play button that used to be just to the left of the options button is gone.  I tried rebooting the DVR and I also tried a second device and have the same issue.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

0 Likes
Re: no play button on DVR programs on FIOS mobile app
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

What type devices are you using? 

Our iPhones 6 and 6s, both running iOS 9.2, still have the play option when looking at DVR Recorded in the FiOS Mobile app. 

If you're up-to-date on all, you might try uninstalling and then re-installing the FiOS Mobile app.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note the app has had a lot of changes because of FIOS Anywhere support.  Make sure you are connected as a remote and not in cloud or local streaming mode.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I am able to play recorded programs on my iPhone and I am in local streaming mode and not connected as a remote.  If I simply go to the DVR / Recorded option in the FiOS Mobile menu I see the Play button and that buttons works as advertised.

This is what I see:

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Eljefe,

I guess it depends exactly which screen you are on.  I know that it I hit play on one of the screens, it starts streaming it to my phone.  I find the new screens a bit confusing, and wonder if the OP had the same problem with the screen when he couldn't find the play button.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

TNS_2.....

One of us mis-understood what the OP was trying to do.   It's my take that he was trying to actually watch the recorded program on his mobile device.

If I got that wrong and he's trying to use the mobile device to play back shows on his TV....it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Maybe the OP will come back and clear up what it is he's actually trying to do.

0 Likes