Switch Account

no play button on DVR programs on FIOS mobile app

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

no play button on DVR programs on FIOS mobile app

Message 1 of 6
(2,320 Views)

2 days ago I was able to watch programs recorded on my DVR using the mobile app.  Today, I am able to browse all the recorded items, but the play button that used to be just to the left of the options button is gone.  I tried rebooting the DVR and I also tried a second device and have the same issue.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: no play button on DVR programs on FIOS mobile app

Message 2 of 6
(2,261 Views)

What type devices are you using? 

Our iPhones 6 and 6s, both running iOS 9.2, still have the play option when looking at DVR Recorded in the FiOS Mobile app. 

If you're up-to-date on all, you might try uninstalling and then re-installing the FiOS Mobile app.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(2,228 Views)

Note the app has had a lot of changes because of FIOS Anywhere support.  Make sure you are connected as a remote and not in cloud or local streaming mode.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 6
(2,211 Views)

I am able to play recorded programs on my iPhone and I am in local streaming mode and not connected as a remote.  If I simply go to the DVR / Recorded option in the FiOS Mobile menu I see the Play button and that buttons works as advertised.

This is what I see:

DVR on iPHone.jpg

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 6
(2,186 Views)

Eljefe,

I guess it depends exactly which screen you are on.  I know that it I hit play on one of the screens, it starts streaming it to my phone.  I find the new screens a bit confusing, and wonder if the OP had the same problem with the screen when he couldn't find the play button.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 6 of 6
(2,178 Views)

TNS_2.....

One of us mis-understood what the OP was trying to do.   It's my take that he was trying to actually watch the recorded program on his mobile device.

If I got that wrong and he's trying to use the mobile device to play back shows on his TV....it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Maybe the OP will come back and clear up what it is he's actually trying to do.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.