nothing but problems since day one
Penelope73

We've had fios for a couple of months and I'm so sorry we left Brighthouse! We had a stb and remote replaced in the first 24 hours and is been downhill from there.
Both stb's reboot at random, sometimes shut off while watching recorded shows from the mdvr.
Last week I manually set 13 episodes of a show to record consecutively, and none of them did. No conflict, they just didn't record and the dvr history doesn't show them being set.
I've had a number of shows set, and the program name on the recording is right, but the actual show is wrong... Many times!
One series was set to record yet it didn't the last two weeks.
I try to set manual recordings only to be told there is a conflict, when nothing else is set for that day and time.
Too often while skipping ahead it will jump to end of a program.
Two nights ago at 2am, the stb's rebooted and then I couldn't do anything but change channels. No other buttons on the remote worked. The info button prompted for a parental code, which we've never used. I spent 45 minutes on hold for tech support (after calling once before and being disconnected by the system) only to have the box reboot 5-6 more times and finally work again.
Last week we were streaming a movie through Amazon and it said the connection speed was .8mbps. We pay for 20g service! Had to stop the movie because it was buffering every 30 seconds.
The router is in a central location, but we get almost no connection on wireless in the bedrooms.
And today, one stb has been rebooting every 3 minutes for the last 2 hours, and the internet is spotty.

We are paying for services that aren't being rendered. They need to get their act together. They are a joke and should be embarrassed at the plethora of issues we are all clearly struggling with. 99% of the posts here aren't even answered by Verizon. Shocking...

0 Likes
Re: nothing but problems since day one
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Penelope73
We have done every troubleshooting method available. And a 45 minute wait for tech support in the middle of the night doesn't bode well for trying to get help during business hours. Especially if they're going to waste my time forcing us to redo all the troubleshooting again... reboot, reset, pray to the voodoo gods, etc. It's a waste of time. All of our equipment needs to be replaced. Nothing else will even begin to resolve the problems.
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Penelope73 wrote:

99% of the posts here aren't even answered by Verizon. Shocking...

That's because this isn't a Verizon support forum.  It's a peer-to-peer forum meant for customers to help each other. 

Occasionally a moderator will escalate an issue to Verizon support, but there is no guarantee that will happen.

If you think other customers might be able to help, you'll need to provide more details as we don't know anything about your problems and equipment beyond what you tell us.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
tlarimer187

You aren't alone.  We are fortunate to only have 6 months left in our contract.  We will be leaving FIOS TV and never looking back, nothing but equipment problems from day one.  Time to go back to one of the satelite providers, FIOS TV is not cost effective for the services received.

0 Likes