Switch Account

online tv guide

Contributor lowercasebill
Contributor
Message 1 of 13
(2,183 Views)

online  [meaning on my computer] does not load data... this is the second time in a month ,. i have tried all the help options and was told today that it is the browser.. really verizon fios tv central does not work with internet explorer???? and i am supposed to switch to mozilla to use 'my verizon" 

12 REPLIES 12
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 13
(2,158 Views)

@lowercasebill wrote:

online  [meaning on my computer] does not load data... this is the second time in a month ,. i have tried all the help options and was told today that it is the browser.. really verizon fios tv central does not work with internet explorer???? and i am supposed to switch to mozilla to use 'my verizon" 

MyVerizon (which is where I access the on-line guide where I can schedule recordings) works fine for me, and I'm using IE 10 on Windows 8.  There had been a slight problem up until a few days ago (the change your service page would not display options to add) but that now works for me.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache and/or cookies?

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 13
(2,150 Views)

Delete your cache and cookies, but make sure to get rid of preserve favorite data.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 13
(2,149 Views)

I use IE pretty flawlessly in the myverizon website.   

Copper Contributor lilblondcc
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 13
(2,057 Views)

Did everything that was suggested. Still no online tv guide both on IE and Google Chrome

Contributor microprof
Contributor
Message 6 of 13
(2,028 Views)

I have the same problem...guide stops displaying after 7:00 PM Thursday.  Problem has persisted for a week now.  Telephone "support" is useless..don't have a clue. I'm using Chrome & latest IE with windows 8 ( one machine ) and Win 7 .  No guide on any of them.

Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 13
(2,022 Views)
Same here! At first they thought that I was speaking of the TV guide on the tv screen. They were telling me to pull the plug for 30 seconds and plug in back in on e it would reboot it would come back. Once I emphasize that it was the website TV guide that is not updating there has not been any response. I truly believe that there support in this matter is useless. Unfortunately as much as I have looked all over the site there isn't anywhere to contact just the website for assistance. Just to let you know that I also use IE8, Google chrome on my laptop. On my iPad I use Safari. The problem we are having is on all three websites..
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 8 of 13
(1,972 Views)

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Delete your cache and cookies, but make sure to get rid of preserve favorite data.

One note when deleting cache/cookies.  DO NOT DO IT WITH IE OPEN,  do it from the internet options in the control panel.  I forget when, but at some point they set it not to delete some cache/cookies while IE is open.

Copper Contributor
Message 9 of 13
(1,954 Views)
Thank you for your response....but I had tried that as well. On IE, Google Chrome and even downloaded Safari to see if that would work. Mysteriously by late Thursday it was back up.
Copper Contributor
Message 10 of 13
(1,900 Views)

The online tv guide (WEBSITE) has the wrong hours!!! This guide or website is the worse.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.