online tv guide
lowercasebill

online  [meaning on my computer] does not load data... this is the second time in a month ,. i have tried all the help options and was told today that it is the browser.. really verizon fios tv central does not work with internet explorer???? and i am supposed to switch to mozilla to use 'my verizon" 

0 Likes
Re: online tv guide
PJL
Master - Level 3

@lowercasebill wrote:

online  [meaning on my computer] does not load data... this is the second time in a month ,. i have tried all the help options and was told today that it is the browser.. really verizon fios tv central does not work with internet explorer???? and i am supposed to switch to mozilla to use 'my verizon" 

MyVerizon (which is where I access the on-line guide where I can schedule recordings) works fine for me, and I'm using IE 10 on Windows 8.  There had been a slight problem up until a few days ago (the change your service page would not display options to add) but that now works for me.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache and/or cookies?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Delete your cache and cookies, but make sure to get rid of preserve favorite data.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I use IE pretty flawlessly in the myverizon website.   

0 Likes
lilblondcc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did everything that was suggested. Still no online tv guide both on IE and Google Chrome

0 Likes
microprof

I have the same problem...guide stops displaying after 7:00 PM Thursday.  Problem has persisted for a week now.  Telephone "support" is useless..don't have a clue. I'm using Chrome & latest IE with windows 8 ( one machine ) and Win 7 .  No guide on any of them.

0 Likes
lilblondcc
Enthusiast - Level 3
Same here! At first they thought that I was speaking of the TV guide on the tv screen. They were telling me to pull the plug for 30 seconds and plug in back in on e it would reboot it would come back. Once I emphasize that it was the website TV guide that is not updating there has not been any response. I truly believe that there support in this matter is useless. Unfortunately as much as I have looked all over the site there isn't anywhere to contact just the website for assistance. Just to let you know that I also use IE8, Google chrome on my laptop. On my iPad I use Safari. The problem we are having is on all three websites..
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Delete your cache and cookies, but make sure to get rid of preserve favorite data.

One note when deleting cache/cookies.  DO NOT DO IT WITH IE OPEN,  do it from the internet options in the control panel.  I forget when, but at some point they set it not to delete some cache/cookies while IE is open.

lilblondcc
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thank you for your response....but I had tried that as well. On IE, Google Chrome and even downloaded Safari to see if that would work. Mysteriously by late Thursday it was back up.
0 Likes
lilblondcc
Enthusiast - Level 3

The online tv guide (WEBSITE) has the wrong hours!!! This guide or website is the worse.

0 Likes