out of range error
Whipsnade

this has happened 3 time already.  when i turn on the tv i get no picture just a little box that says out of range,

after calling tech support they re-hit thebox and it fixed the problem.  all 3 techs said they had never heard of the error message out of range.

has anyone had this problem before?

0 Likes
Re: out of range error
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
The message is generated by your TV. I have seen it on PC monitors during startup. Usually a signal issue.
0 Likes
Whipsnade
so is it a hdmi cable problem or the tv?
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
If you have one, try another HDMI cable. If not, try component cables. Do you have a splitter of any kind beyond the initial feed? If so check the splitter and any connections. If the problem persists, call Verizon. A technician can do a signal test and re-make any questionable connectors. 
0 Likes
Whipsnade

3 different verizon techs have told me they never heard of this problem before.  Finally one said to try a component cable.  I have to go out and buy that first.  Then yesterday I got the error again and when I called verizon the tech told me it is a known problem and a firmware update will be needed to fix it.  I asked about that and he said it will be done when they update our hd channels.  Here in cal it's supposed to be mid Oct.

I am firmly convinced that the verizon techs are completely clueless when it comes to what's going on with their system.  I won't even get started about their phone system.  There are no splitters connected to the box or TV

Message Edited by Whipsnade on 09-27-2008 08:13 AM
0 Likes