Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

philips 144301 remote refuses to enter programming mode

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

philips 144301 remote refuses to enter programming mode

Message 1 of 3
(3,554 Views)

the philips remote does not respond properly to pressing "tv" and "ok". that should cause it to enter programming mode and flash lights to prove it. these two different remotes refuse to do that despite installing new batteries. help! cant program it to new tv

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: philips 144301 remote refuses to enter programming mode

Message 2 of 3
(3,481 Views)

When you press tv and ok does anything happen?  If you just press the tv button by itself does it light up?

Frank
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: philips 144301 remote refuses to enter programming mode

Message 3 of 3
(3,468 Views)

this may sound goofy but it has worked for me. When you go to bed tonight, take the batteries out of the remote and let it set overnight. Tomorrow put the batteries back in and try programming.

I dont know why this works, but each time I need to change batteries, this is what I have to do, otherwise the remote refuses to enter programming mode. On one of my remotes anyway. The others work fine but that one wont do it unless I leave the batteries out overnight. And it works. lol

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.