Switch Account

picture problems with tivo

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

picture problems with tivo

Message 1 of 5
(4,994 Views)

I have two hd tvs. One with fios dvr and one with tivo hd box.The picture with the tivo box has a lot of pixelazation and sound problems.I switched boxes and the problem stays with the tivo box,so i dont think its a wiring problem. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: picture problems with tivo

Message 2 of 5
(4,989 Views)

@taj wrote:

I have two hd tvs. One with fios dvr and one with tivo hd box.The picture with the tivo box has a lot of pixelazation and sound problems.I switched boxes and the problem stays with the tivo box,so i dont think its a wiring problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Typical fix (from others) for TIVO pixellation is to add an attenuator at the TIVO coaxial connector.  The signal from FiOS is just "too hot" for the TIVO front end.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(4,978 Views)
thanks for the help. What is a attenuator and where can I get one
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(4,957 Views)

@taj wrote:
thanks for the help. What is a attenuator and where can I get one

An attenuator is a part that would be screwed in between the coax and the connector on the TIVO which reduces the RF signal (specified in dB or decibels of attenuation).  Hopefully one of the TIVO people here can point you to where to purchase (and what amount of attenuation is typically needed) as I don't have a TIVO and have not needed to purchase them.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 5 of 5
(4,847 Views)
You can order attenuators (or a pack of them) from Smarthome.com.  Verizon installers carry the same type of attenuators with them, and will provide some free if you request them.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.