pixelation and audio dropouts since channel realignment
kmalone
Since receiving the channel realignment in anne arundel county, md I have noticed increasing audio dropouts and pixelation on several of the HD channels - including CBS, CNNHD, TLCHD.  These occur both on my tivo with cable cards and as well as with verizon's HD STB.  Has anyone else noticed this?  There are no RS errors reported on my tivo which was the cause of pixelation that I had previously that was fixed by having verizon place attenuators on the tivo box.  I never had pixelation on my verizon STB however until the recent channel realignment.  The audio drop outs seem more frequent than picture issues.  Anyone else having this problem?
0 Likes
Re: pixelation and audio dropouts since channel realignment
QRM
I cannot state definitively that my problem started with the channel realignment (Montgomery Country, MD; 22 Sep), but in the past days, I have noticed strange digital audio behaviour. Specifically, this evening, CBS (Channel 509) was silent during commercials while fine during the programme, at least using the digital output from the HD STB. Using the analog audio output was fine however. However, at this moment (the second Presidential debate) the same CBS channel has fallen silent. My digital receiver does not indicate any loss of signal. In the past, there was usually an indication of a different digital audio encoding during commercials.

I have not experienced pixelation, however I have had rare video freezes (very brief but noticeable).
0 Likes
QRM
Disregard my last post. Further troubleshooting revealed that the trouble was with my AV Receiver which, for reasons unknown, is no longer processing L and R channels. Digital stereo signals (Dolby 2/0) are mute while full surround signals (5/1) are being audible through the centre channel only.
0 Likes
substance12
I have noticed the exact same issue with the audio drop outs and pixelation.. specifically after the channel realignment.  Others on other forums have complained about it.  One person said that even a verizon tech acknowledged it but said that verizon wouldn't do anything about it until further people complained.  well I'm complaining!
0 Likes
substance12
any one from verizon paying attention to this thread?  i've been having issues with 166 and 620 ever since the channel realignment.  I've called up FSC 3x already with no real help.
0 Likes